Sunday, September 21, 2008

guangzhou, china

today is the day i start a new chapter in life in a foreign country. well... not that foreign actually... will be surrounded by lots of chinese. every street. every corner. in short - everywhere.

not sure how well i'll be able to adpat but i'll try my best lor... afterall, i'm a SURVIVOR! :)

my family sent me off at changi airport and i arrived at baiyun airport at 1220pm. cleared the customs smoothly with my 2 luggages - i had excess baggaage of 19kg! (the allowance i'm given is 25kg). tried to get away with paying using the pitiful "i'm relocating" reason but no luck! i gotta pay :-(



company driver drove me to my apartment - a cosy one-bedroom in 天河区(tianhe district). there's a supermarket, mcdonald's, subway sandwich, brzilian restaurant, all banks etc etc. very very convenient. oh! the local tax bureau is just across the street - no way to evade taxation ;p

more pictures of my humble abode on facebook!
http://www.new.facebook.com/album.php?aid=60224&l=e7bff&id=594239407









No comments: